A bit of this, a bit of that
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400ml tomato juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp hot red pepper sauce, such as Encona
- Coarsely ground black pepper, for seasoning
- For the ice cubes:
- 200g Onken Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- small bunch tarragon, leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 Put the onion and sugar in a saucepan, cover with a lid, then cook over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time.
- 2 Add the wine vinegar and allow the mixture to bubble until it becomes a little thick and syrupy.
- 3 Add the tomato juice. Bring to the boil, then cook for about 5 minutes. Add the Worcestershire and hot red pepper sauce. Season with the black pepper.
- 4 Blend the soup until smooth, then pass through a sieve into a bowl, pushing as much of the blended onion through as possible. Serve hot or cold in shot glasses with a yogurt ice cube on top.
- 5 To make the ice cubes, mix the yogurt with the tarragon leaves, then spoon the mixture into the compartments of cubed ice trays. Only half fill them. Cover with cling film and freeze overnight.
What people say about this dish
Got a tasty recipe to share?
Keep scrolling for next recipe
Back to recipes Starter