A bit of this, a bit of that
- For the shortbread:
- 125g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 80g wholewheat flour
- For the topping:
- 8-12 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar, plus a little extra for more sweetness
- 8 tbsp Onken Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 For the shortbread:
Blend the butter and the sugar and then add the flours.
- 3 Place in a greaseproof baking tray round and roll out till until the paste mixture is around 1cm in thickness.
- 4 Prick the surface with a fork at intervals.
- 5 Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- 6 Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas Mark 4.
- 7 Remove the cover from the biscuit dough and place the tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cut into triangles and allow to cool.
- 8 For the topping:
- 9 Remove the stems from the strawberries. Slice up the strawberries and place in a bowl with the sugar. You could add more sugar depending on how sweet the strawberries are. Set the strawberries aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes to allow them to macerate or soften and release their juices. With the back of a spoon, mash them a little.
- 10 Whip the yogurt with the vanilla extract.
- 11 To serve, break up the biscuit into 4 big pieces and place one biscuit per person on a dessert plate. Ladle the strawberries over the biscuit along with the juices and top with the yogurt.