- 1 Put the yogurt in a fine nylon mesh sieve or cheese cloth and place over a bowl. Cover and allow the whey or excess liquid to drain away. This should take about 2-3 hours.
- 2 Heat a non-stick saucepan and melt the butter. Tip in the condensed milk and heat for a minute. Add the vanilla extract.
- 3 After 2-3 minutes when the mixture starts to bubble and reduce. Tip in the strained yogurt.
- 4 Allow to gently bubble on a medium heat for minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. This takes about 15 minutes. Once the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, it is known as the soft ball stage.
- 5 The soft ball stage is when a drop of the fudge mixture is immersed in cold water and then when removed from the water with your fingers and placed on a plate it easily forms a soft ball.
Butter some greaseproof paper and put the mixture on it. Shape into 10cm square about 1.5cm thick. Leave to cool. Then cut into 2.5cm squares and serve.
Cooks Tip: This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week. Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.