- 1 Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- 2 In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, yogurt and milk.
- 3 Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid, beat together with a balloon whisk to make a smooth batter.
- 4 Heat a large frying pan or griddle, add some of the oil and then drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan, allowing a little room for them to spread.
- 5 Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- 6 Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top.
- 7 Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
Serve the pancakes drizzled with golden or maple syrup with an extra dollop of Onken Greek style yogurt.
Cooks Tip: These will freeze really well, so why not make up a batch and freeze in 4’s ready to use for breakfast or a teatime snack.