A bit of this, a bit of that
- 400g minced lamb
- 4-5 Pita bread, cut in squares
- 735g Onken natural yogurt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped in cubes
- 1 tsp butter
- Red chilli flakes
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Turn on the oven at medium heat.
- 2 Fry off the onion for a couple of minutes in a frying pan, then add the minced lamb and season. Stirring often, cook the meat until it’s brown and starting to crisp. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside, and cover.
- 3 Mix the Onken natural yogurt and the garlic well, with a fork. Keep at room temperature while you prepare the rest.
- 4 Sauté the red chilli flakes in margarine, for 3 minutes. Warm up the bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 5 To serve, open up the warmed pitta and sprinkle it with 2 tsp of warm water before spreading with the sautéed meat. Serve with a spoon of garlic yogurt and the buttery chilli flakes and a sprinkle of mint leaves.