Back to recipes Lunch
Open Topped Smoked Mackerel, Egg and Avocado Sandwich with Horseradish Dressing
A bit of this, a bit of that
- 2 large slices of Granary bread or 4 slices of a rye style bread
- 115g (4oz) smoked peppered mackerel
- 1 egg, hardboiled and sliced
- 1 ripe avocado – peeled and stoned
- Mixed green salad leaves - washed
- For the dressing:
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Onken Natural Fat Free Yogurt
- ½ 5mlsp (½ tsp) horseradish sauce
- ½ lime – zest and juice
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 To make the dressing – pour the yogurt into a small bowl, add the lime zest and juice followed by the horseradish sauce, combine together and then add a couple of twists from the pepper mill and stir again.
- 2 Place the bread on a plate and top with the mixed salad.
- 3 Slice the avocado and place on top of the leaves.
Skin the mackerel and place chunky flakes onto the avocado along with the egg slices.
Cooks Tip: Once the egg is boiled, place in really cold water, this helps prevent a dark ring around the yolk.
- 5 Drizzle over the dressing and serve.