A bit of this, a bit of that
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- (or use a tsp of a premixed Moroccan blend)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dried ready to eat apricots, diced
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 200g spinach, roughly chopped
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 200g Onken Natural Set yogurt
- To serve:
- Cooked rice
- pomegranate seeds
- 1 Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and peppers gently for around 10 minutes until softened. Place in a bowl. Add the lamb mince, spices, garlic and apricots and squeeze together to make 20 balls.
- 2 Reheat the pan and cook the meatballs for around 10 minutes until brown and cooked through. Keep warm.
- 3 For the sauce, place the oil in a pan, add the garlic cloves and heat gently for 3-5 minutes until golden and aromatic. Remove from the heat.
- 4 Add the spinach to the sauce mix and use a hand blender to blitz it into the oil, or transfer to food processor. Once the spinach begins to pulverise, add the yogurt to create a thick creamy sauce.
- 5 Season with plenty of salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Gently warm the sauce in a pan and stir.
- 6 Serve the meatballs with the sauce, rice and pomegranate seeds to garnish.