A bit of this, a bit of that
- FOR THE BASE
- 250 g (8.8 oz) digestive biscuits
- 100 g (3.5 oz) butter melted
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 70 g (5.3 oz) thick set yogurt
- 800 g (1.6 lb) cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g (3.5 oz) icing sugar
- FOR THE LEMON CURD (OR STORE BOUGHT)
- 4 unwaxed lemons (or 2 large) rind and juice
- 200 g (7.1 oz) caster sugar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Smash the digestive biscuits to a fine crumb.
- 2 Tip them into your square, loose-bottomed, 25cm/10 inch straight-sided tin.
- 3 Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
- 4 Press down firmly to create an even base, then place in the fridge to chill.
- 5 In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese, yogurt and vanilla until thick.
- 6 Add the sugar and whisk again.
- 7 Tip the filling into the tin. Level off and return the tin to the fridge.
- 8 Place the lemon juice, lemon rind, butter and sugar into a bowl and heat gently over a pan of simmering water until the butter has melted.
- 9 Add the room temperature eggs and whisk until fully combined.
- 10 Continue to heat over the pan, stirring occasionally until it has thickened enough to leave a trail if you run your finger over the back of the spoon.
- 11 Leave to cool completely. It will thicken further.
- 12 To bring together, spoon the curd into the tin, level off and return to the fridge to firm up overnight.
- 13 Cut into bars to serve.