A bit of this, a bit of that
- 30ml (2tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced finely
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 of them crushed
- 675g (1.1/2 lb) boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2.5 (1 inch) cubes.
- 5mlsp (1tsp) chilli powder
- 2.5(1inch) piece ginger root, grated
- 2 fresh green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2.5mlsp (1/2tsp) ground turmeric
- 200ml (7floz) Onken Natural Yogurt
- salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 2 cloves
- 2.5cm (1inch) piece of cinnamon stick
- 175ml (6floz) water
- 2 x15mlsp (2tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- 30ml (2tbsp) lemon juice
- Naan bread to serve
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan, preferably oven proof and add 1 of the onions and the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2 Add the lamb and brown all over. Remove and set aside.
- 3 Add the chilli powder, ginger, chillies and turmeric and stir for a further 30 seconds.
- 4 Add the yogurt, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper and the water. Return the lamb to the pan. Bring to the boil.
- 5 Transfer to the oven in an ovenproof dish and place uncovered in a preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 40 minutes. Check the seasoning.
- 6 Stir in the remaining onion and cook uncovered for a further 40 minutes.
Add the fresh coriander and lemon juice. Serve with Naan bread and extra yogurt.
Cooks Tip: This dish will freeze successfully for up to 6 weeks.