A bit of this, a bit of that
- 3 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 5-6 cloves
- 2-3 pieces cinnamon, 5cm in length
- 500g lamb steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 200ml Onken Set Natural Yogurt, whipped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 Heat the oil in a saucepan and tip in the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon. Mix well and then tip in the lamb. On a medium to high heat, brown the meat for 12-15 minutes. Tip in the salt, ginger and chilli powder and mix well. Add 500ml of hot water, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the meat is tender.
- 2 In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and the yogurt. Add to the lamb and let the curry cook for a further 2 minutes. Sprinkle the garam masala. Serve hot with plain Basmati rice.