A bit of this, a bit of that
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 115g butter, softened
- 225g dark brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150ml Onken Natural Yogurt
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 25g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- For the icing:
- 85g Dark Chocolate
- 115g butter at room temperature
- 175g sieved icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa for dusting
- 25.5cm (10 inch) heart shaped tin, greased and base lined
- 1 Preheat oven. Break the chocolate into a small bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
- 2 Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until paler in colour.
- 3 Mix the eggs and yogurt together; add these to the mixture along with the other ingredients. Beat together for a further 2 minutes.
Place the mixture into the heart shaped tin and bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until sponge is risen and springs back when lightly touched. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
Cooks Tip: This cake can be made into 2 x 20cm (8inch) round cake tins greased and based lined. Divide the mixture between the 2 cake tins. Cook 180˚C /Gas 4 for 30 - 40 minutes until the sponge is well risen and springs back when lightly touched. Sandwich the 2 sponges together with a 1/3 of the icing mixture and use the remainder to decorate the top.
- 5 To make the icing: Melt the chocolate as above. Place the butter into a large bowl and gradually beat in the icing sugar, add the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
- 6 Spread the chocolate icing over the top of the cake, running the knife horizontally to make a pattern. Dust with cocoa to serve.