- 1 Put the Onken Natural Set yogurt in a nylon sieve. Place the sieve over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight, to allow the whey, or excess liquid to drain away.
- 2 Melt the butter in a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring continuously for 3 minutes until the sugar melts. Add the cream. At this point, the sugar mixture will turn to a caramel, though it will soon dissolve.
- 3 Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Put in the cardamom and mix. Add the milk powder and continue simmering, stirring for 5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes stiff and begins to leave the side of the pan. Stir in the ground almonds and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 4 Mix in the Onken Natural Set yogurt and combine until the mixture is thick and almost putty-like.
- 5 Tip the mixture onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave it to stand for a couple of minutes, then use a wet palette knife or spatula to shape into a 10cm/4in square about 1.5cm/ 1/4 inch thick.
- 6 Put the mixture in the freezer covered for 1 hour until the fudge is firm.
- 7 Using a sharp knife, cut the cooled fudge into sixteen 2.5cm/1in squares.
- 8 Serve immediately with coffee or chai, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.