A bit of this, a bit of that
- 1 tbsp soft unsalted butter
- 300g plain flour, plus 1 tbsp
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 1 heaped tsp bicarb of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 15g cocoa powder
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 250ml Onken Natural Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp - 1tbsp red gel food colouring
- 6 - 8 white marshmallows
- 1 Heat the oven to 180C, 160c fan, gas mark 4.
- 2 Grease a bundt tin well with the soft butter, then sprinkle over the 1 tbsp of flour and turn the tin to coat.
- 3 In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, bicarb, salt and cocoa powder.
- 4 In another large bowl beat together the yogurt, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and red colouring. Once the liquids are well combined pour into the dry mix and fold together quickly.
- 5 Pour into the prepared bundt tin and bake on the middle shelf for 45 - 50 minutes, until risen and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 6 Remove the cake form the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a cooling rack and leaving to cool completely.
- 7 Once the cake is cool, transfer to a plate or cake stand.
- 8 Put the marshmallows in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- 9 Leave the marshmallows to stand in the bowl until they’re just cool enough to handle.
- 10 Put your thumb and finger in and see if the marshmallows are stringy when you pull them apart. If so, using your fingers or spoon, make webs over the cake using the marshmallow. It is very sticky so take care!