A bit of this, a bit of that
- Pastry – or use 250g readymade short crust pastry
- 175g plain flour
- 85g butter or hard margarine, cubed
- 3 - 4 tbsp cold water
- For the filling:
- 100g Onken Cherry Yogurt
- 4 tbsp cherry jam
- 85g butter at room temperature
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp almond essence
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g flaked almonds
Make the pastry:
Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in the water, mix together with a round bladed knife and then gently bring together with your hands.
- 2 Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to fit the traybake tin. Chill in the refrigerator until the filling is made.
- 3 Preheat the oven 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- 4 Cream together the butter and caster sugar with a hand held electric mixer until it is light and fluffy, add the Onken Cherry Yogurt and whisk again for a few seconds.
- 5 Add the beaten egg, almond essence and flour, whisk to combine.
- 6 Spread the cherry jam over the pastry and top with the creamed mixture. Level the mixture with the back of a spoon and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown. Cool in the tin before portioning.