A bit of this, a bit of that
- 100g Onken Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt
- 100g peeled and cored weight cooking apples, sliced
- 150g carrot, grated
- 50g raisins
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 150g light muscavado sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 6 walnut halves or icing as recipe below
- For the icing (optional):
- 25g Onken Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt
- 85g cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 1/2 orange zest
- 6 walnut halves, chopped
- Loaf tin 19cm x 11cm x 5.5 cm greased and base lined
- 1 Preheat the oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Place sliced apple, carrots, raisins and orange juice in a bowl. Cover and microwave for 3 - 4 minutes to soften the apple. Mash lightly with a fork and allow to cool.
- 3 Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Beat together the oil, eggs and the Onken Vanilla Yogurt and add to the dry ingredients along with the cooled carrot mixture. Beat together with a wooden spoon.
- 4 Pour into the prepared tin. Bake until golden and just firm to the touch approximately 1¼ - 1 ½ hrs. Allow to cool in tin before turning out.
- 5 If topping with icing: beat icing ingredients together and spread onto the cake top, decorate with chopped walnuts and serve.