A bit of this, a bit of that
- 500g fillet steak, trimmed and cut into finger-width slithers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- Garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly diced
- 150g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g Mini Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 50ml red wine
- 50ml beef stock
- Sprinkle nutmeg
- Small glass brandy (2 - 3 tbsp)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150ml Onken Natural Set yogurt
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Heat ½ of the oil and ½ the butter in a medium pan, add the garlic and shallots and fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- 2 Add the mushrooms to the shallots and fry briskly until tender, add the wine and stock to the pan bring to the boil and boil rapidly until reduced by ¾.
- 3 In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil and butter over a high heat, add the beef slithers and nutmeg, fry for 2 – 3 minutes, until browned but still pink. Stir in the onion, mushroom mixture, add the brandy and reduce for 1 minute.
- 4 Stir in the yogurt and parsley, season to taste and serve.