A bit of this, a bit of that
- 200g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 250g/1 cup Onken Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt
- 250g plain flour
- 75g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- 2 In a large bowl, whisk the butter, eggs and sugar together. Fold in the bananas and the yogurt.
- 3 In a separate bowl, mix together the plain flour, whole wheat flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 4 Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are blended.
- 5 Pour the sticky dough into a loaf tin (approximately 20cm x10cm x 6cm) greased or lined with greaseproof paper. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven. The bread can be served cold or hot with butter.