- 1 Pre heat the oven to 200°C (fan assisted).
- 2 Place the apples, water and sugar into a large pan. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes until the apple is soft.
- 3 Leave the apple to cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the Onken Mango & Apple Fat Free Yogurt, place in a large oven proof dish.
To make the meringue, place the egg whites and a pinch of salt into a large grease free bowl. Whisk until soft peak stage is reached. At this stage gradually add the sugar whisking continually until a stiff meringue is formed.
Cooks Tips: Making a meringue is a great way of using up older egg whites which create more volume, if you are using very fresh whites add a pinch of salt. Wipe out your bowl with a little vinegar, this ensures no grease and avoids a flat meringue.
- 5 Spoon the meringue over the apple mixture and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- 6 Serve with a dollop of Onken Mango & Apple Fat Free Yogurt.