Smoked Haddock Fish Cakes with Caper Dressing
- ½ pot Onken Natural Yogurt
- 1 smoked haddock fillet
- 400g potatoes, whole
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 6 teaspoon capers, roughly chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 200g bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Juice and zest 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c/gas mark 4
2. Roast the haddock in a shallow roasting tin until firm (about 6-8 minutes) and then leave to cool.
3. Boil the potatoes. Remove the skin, crush slightly and leave to cool.
4. Combine the fish and potato and bind with the yogurt and 1 egg.
5. Add half of the lemon zest and parsley and two teaspoons of the capers, and season.
6. Roll the mixture into balls. Dip into flour, then beaten egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
7. Shallow fry until golden-brown.
8. To make the salsa, finely chop half the cherry tomatoes and the onion.
9. Mix together the tomatoes, onion, the remaining parsley and capers, adding a little lemon juice and a splash of oil.
10. Spoon the sauce over the fish cakes and serve with a green salad.