Roasted Chilli Chicken with Carrot Slaw and Tangy Yogurt Dressing
- 1 pot Onken Natural Yogurt
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2-4 finely chopped green chillies ( depending on heat preference)
- 6 large carrots, finely shredded
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ bag rocket leaves (chopped)
1. To make the marinade, mix the yogurt, coconut milk and chillies together in a large bowl.
2. Toss the chicken in two thirds of the marinade or until completely coated and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the carrot, oil, seasoning, chopped parsley leaves and rocket.
4. Remove the chicken from the fridge and pre-heat the oven to 180˚C/gas mark 4. To cook, char the chicken on a hot griddle pan until golden, place in a shallow roasting tin in a single layer and roast for 40 minutes. Add a little more of the yogurt mix to the chicken once cooked and brown under a medium grill for 3 minutes if desired.
5. Pile the carrot slaw in a bowl, place the chicken on top and serve with toasted sesame seeds and a dollop of the remaining yogurt mix