Roasted Tikka Lamb Pitta Breads
- ½ pot Onken Natural Yogurt
- Whole leg of lamb
- 4 teaspoon tikka paste
- 10 whole red chillies
- 1 garlic head
- 1 bunch rosemary, broken into small sprigs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pitta breads
- 1 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 jar mango chutney
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C/gas mark 6
2. Using a small knife, pierce the meat throughout, inserting a whole chilli, a clove of garlic and a piece of rosemary in each incision.
3. Gently rub the oil all over the leg and place to one side.
4. Mix the yogurt with the tikka paste until smooth. Using half the mix, evenly coat the leg.
5. Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 1 hour. During cooking, spoon a little more yogurt mix over the leg and joint to keep moist.
6. After one hour, cover the leg in foil and continue to roast for another 30 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest. The lamb is done when the juices run clear.
8. Mix the shredded cabbage with seasoning, oil and coriander.
9. Slit open the pitta breads and warm briefly in a toaster. Stuff with the cabbage mix, a spoonful of chutney and slices of lamb.
10. Top with a dollop of leftover yogurt mixture and a sprinkling of coriander.