Kilner Jar Fruit Compote with Yogurt
- Dollop of Onken Cherry Yogurt
- 250g summer berries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants or frozen summer berries, defrosted.
- 100g dried berries and cherries
- 50g dried strawberries or other dried fruit
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 4 cloves
- ½ vanilla pod, split (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest
- 100 - 150ml cold water
- Put all the berry ingredients into a saucepan with 100ml water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and partly cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Top up with extra water if necessary.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove the cinnamon stick and cloves and then ladle into a ½ litre kilner jar. Close the top and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate and serve as desired with that lovely dollop of Onken Yogurt on the top.